Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Honda dreaming of Champions League glory with Milan

Honda dreaming of Champions League glory with Milan
Keisuke Honda says he is hopeful of leading AC Milan to Champions League glory again after being unveiled by the club on Wednesday.

The Rossoneri's new recruit immediately turned on the charm offensive in his first press conference since signing from CSKA Moscow by declaring he intends to win the Champions League with the San Siro giants.

And the 27-year-old endeared himself further to the Milan faithful by admitting it was a lifelong ambition to play for the club.


"I really want to be a champion with AC Milan and I am dreaming of the Champions League," Honda told reporters.

"I want to show my skills, to score, to make many assists and I will try my best to help the team become successful.

"Kaka and [Mario] Balotelli are champions and I can't wait to learn from these."

The Japan international added that it was his dream to sign for the side he adored as a boy.

"I am so happy to be here. As a child I watched Milan and Serie A every week. 

"I listened to my heart, and that is why I chose Milan and to wear their number 10 jersey is a dream come true."

Honda watched on from the stands as his new team beat Atalanta 3-0 at the San Siro on Monday afternoon and admits he cannot wait to be part of the action.

"I haven't played for a month so I need time before starting.

"I want to train hard and show who I am on the pitch. I can play in any position, but my favourite one is as a trequartista."

No comments:

Post a Comment